Figure 4.17: Battle Axe Inn, Government Camp, Oregon. The original
Inn (the small portion on the left) was built in 1925. The broadly roofed
Annex, built a year later, was originally constructed 300 yards up the
street, but was moved adjacent to the Inn in 1931. The complex burned
to the ground on November 7, 1950. (Oregon Historical Society, Neg.
No. Orhi 15860).
<< Figure 4.16 ¦ Figure 4.18 >>
Back to Chapter 4
Copyright 1986 © Thomas P. Deering, Jr.